Leaking Shower Valve

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Currently in the process of fitting a Bristan Quadrato Exposed Fixed Head Bar Shower with Diverter and having a little trouble with one of the inlet's to the valve leaking. I'm using 15mm Speedfit with inserts, have PTFE'd the threads of the mount fitting. The fitting instructions are not particularly clear in terms of connecting the valve the mounting brackets. Currently I've got one inlet which is protruding the mount fitting by a maybe 5 - 10mm - this is the one leaking. The other inlet is of an equal length within the mount bracket and isn't leaking. Do I simply need more PTFE and nip back the 15mm inlet to match the length of the mount it's coming through ??

Sponsored Links
No, there are no rubber washers provided other than a filter with a rubber sorround. I've spoken to Bristan Technical and they say no further seals are required, not even PTFE on the threads! Tried a couple of combinations on PTFE across the the fixing bridge into the valve but still leaks. I suspect that I need a rubber washer to go over the 15mm speed fit and another washer to the nut that meets the fixing bridge. Will be paying a visit to the local plumbers merchant later to discuss it with them.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back