Leaking shower

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
HELP!

We have a built in shower with on/off dial and separate bendy water pipe. It is tiled on three sides with a sliding door. The plaster next to the shower on the wall with the shower attached is damp. We had a plumber in who cut a hole to see what was happening. You can feel wetness on the otherside of the plasterboard where the shower is mounted. He thought that the valve where the hot/cold control is may be leaking and replaced it. this has made no difference. I have felt around again (there is very little room) and I think that the wall is wet further down where the hose comes through the wall. We replaced the bendy hose a few months ago with a standard B&Q one (the original white one burst). Could this be the problem. I don't really want to spend 100's getting the wall taken down if we can help it!

Thanks

Sponsored Links
i would get the plumber back to rectify his problem-or give you the money back you have already paid him

from the shower valve to the shower hose outlet fitting- pipe work needs to be checked if buried in wall -cap off shower out let (before hose)and turn on valve- if pumped shower after short while-pump should sound to boost pressure- due to leakage

the shower hose fitting that comes out of the wall- will unscrew-maybe this fitting needs to be re-made in with p t f e tape

are your tiles and grouting looking in good order

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back