Leaking stelrad radiator

B

bitmadmax

Hi all

I have a leaking stelrad radiator, the leak is coming from around the nut which houses the bleed cap. I've tried tightening both of these but the leak is still there.

I am going to try taking the nut off and check for damage before wrapping in some PTFE and replacing. Before I start though, do I need to turn off both valves? One end is the lockshield valve and the other a TRV. I've closed the TRV (would you expect the slight leak to continue if the TRV was closed?) but do I need to close off the lockshield as well as I thought this was just to control exit flow of water for balancing etc.

**EDIT** will I need to deprisurrise the system elsewhere? I'm not sure what my heating system type is but the boiler has a filling loop and there is a cylinder upstairs. I do not have a tank in the loft.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sponsored Links
You will need to depressurise and then shut both valves.
Or shut both valves and use bleed screw to remove rad pressure.
You will have water at valve no matter what so bowl and towel under it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back