Leaking strap on boss -advice please

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a leaking strap on boss. The waste pipe joining the main soil pipe looks to be a push type. Two things I have queries on on this.
1) How to remove the boss (space is tight as between bends and set between joists) - I guess its solvent jointed,
2) How to deal with the fact its a rigid system - I hope this isn't a silly question. But obviously both pipes are rigid plastic. Yet to make joints these notmally slide into place which needs space. How do you buy yourself some room. Are the pipes likely to flex sufficient. Adding a new boss doesn't look feasible.

Sponsored Links
If the boss has been solvent welded on, it is very unlikely to come off, tugging at it may well break part off, leaving part stuck solid.... Depending on access, 'gap filling cement' can be used to make good the joint and stop the leak.

The pipes were probably fitted then the rest of the room built around. To repair, it is usually a case of 'buying' yourself some room. May need to cut the waste pipe back a bit, make good the boss before replacing the waste. Either old waste can go back with a joint where you cut it or renew that section.

If still stuck post a photo, may be better able to advise if we can see what you're up against....

Bodge it with LSX. Clean thoroughly first, dry, and leave time to cure. Smear liberally. Will not look good but will win you 10 years.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back