Leaking tap

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
One of my kitchen taps has a small pool of water forming beneath the fitting. It's only on the cold tap. Every now and then the tap makes a blopping sound and some water comes out of the spout. There's no water hammer, air bubbles, or any other issues when I turn the tap on. Do I need to replace the washer? Or is this caused by something else?

Tap.JPG

Sponsored Links
Worth trying to tighten that nut in your picture first. Assuming the male thread is on the tap above the nut, then spanner on nut and turn to the right, or anti-clockwise if looking from above.

Worth trying to tighten that nut in your picture first. Assuming the male thread is on the tap above the nut, then spanner on nut and turn to the right, or anti-clockwise if looking from above.
The nut will be on the tap and not the tail.

Sponsored Links
Thanks! I'll try tightening the nut first (very helpful to know which direction - thankyou!) the replace the washer if that doesn't work.

I tightened the nut yesterday and it is fixed - no puddle of water! When I was tightening it, it was getting tighter when I turned it clockwise (when looking from the top) - just a heads-up in case in case others need to work on similar taps. Thanks again for your help!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back