Leaking toilet inlet

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I fitted a new toilet a couple of weeks ago and everything seemed fine, but it now appears to be leaking at the point were the water flows in to the cistern. Its one of this little ones with a push button flush and no ballcock. The place where its leaking is between the body of the cistern and the nylon nut which screws on to the inlet of the water level control device. I've done this up as tight as i can but there still seems to be water getting out. I'va assembled it coorectly and the washer is in place inside the cistern.

Help!

Sponsored Links
are you sure its not threaded,did it myself no leaks for a month then a wet floor :?:

Designs vary - can water go down the thread inside the washer?

SOmetimes a smear of silicone on the surfaces can be the answer but the trick is to let it set thoroughly (a pain). Otherwise the washer squishes out from where it should be.

Sponsored Links
I've decided to try and work out whether the leak is coming from inside the cistern, or is coming up the thread from the connector to the water pipe. Once the missus has finished in the shower I'll turn off the water and disconnect the pipe with a full cistern and see if i still get leakage. I'm hoping it is water coming up the thread because then at least its just a case of getting that sealed better.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back