Toilet ballcock valve leak

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
A8E04453-CCFB-4BBD-BE44-564DB5F1212A.jpeg Hi all! Just a quick one, my toilet cistern has a leak from the water inlet valve into the ballcock (picture attached). Is it the ballcock I would need to replace, the valve or both? Many thanks in advance for your help.

Sponsored Links
Worth opening it up carefully and seeing if it might be possible to clean it up and remove the limescale. It could just be failing to seal due to limescale.

Sponsored Links
I would take the opportunity to rejig the incoming pipework and do a proper job. Looks like sort sort of isovalve immediately outside the cistern, which is not the correct fitting for that application, and has caused the failure of the valve tail. Valve should be fitted with the shoulder to the cistern wall, and a backnut externally to hold the valve assembly in position, then the water connection made with a Tap Connector onto the tail.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back