Leaking Toilet (no pan connector)

eey

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm trying to fix a leaking toilet which I think has been installed incorrectly. Sorry for the photo being rubbish but as you can see space is extremely limited.

20231021_081754.jpg

There doesn’t appear to be a pan connector. It looks like the waste outlet goes directly into a vertical soil pipe and some type of sealant was then put around to try and make a seal. It also looks like the toilet outlet is at an angle while the waste pipe is vertical.

Can anyone suggest how best to fix this?

Sponsored Links
I would think that the first thing you have to do is get the pan out and see exactly what is going on down there.

I would think that the first thing you have to do is get the pan out and see exactly what is going on down there.
I know.

The problem is that the house is owned by an elderly couple with mobility issues and this is the only toilet. So, I don’t want to remove it and risk potentially leaving them without a toilet if I either cant figure out what to do or cant get the parts needed.

I would like to at least try to have a plan in mind first and hopefully order any parts I think I may need.

Sponsored Links
Unless it is pan with S trap with a vertical spigot then there may be a 90deg/bent pan connector in there. If it's not a vertically straight then there may be a pan connector in there as a cast spigot would usually be vertically straight. Unless you know what you are up to and know how to fix it once you're in there then I would recommend getting a pro in to do it as they are less liable to leave the toilet disconnected.

Even then though worst case would be it's connected back up the way it is until part would be sourced.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back