leaking toilet, seating not sitting flush

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Ok my toilet is leaking and have already replaced the seating washer, yet it still continues to leaking.

At times when i flush their is no water leaking but other times it will leak and i found myself having to take off the lid and carefully repositioning it the seating valve, which then stops the leak.

please help!

This the type of flusher:

Sponsored Links
Difficult to see from that picture (but well done for providing one ;) ), but the rubber sealing washer looks to be shy of the edges to me. I'd suggest a washer of the same internal diameter but slightly larger external diameter. Can you tell us where you got the system/valve from?

Not familiar with this model but when you flush does the grey pipe lift up?Is the black part to the left a float to push the flusher back into place as it fills with water, if so maybe it just all wants adjusting .

Sponsored Links
It is a Caroma flush system, that has always been in the toilet.

the washer is put on the grey pipe, when i flush the pipe lifts up along with the washer and then drops back down

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back