Toilet Seat Help!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Please can someone help me as I'm getting no where with Victoria Plumb! We bought the Energy Back to Wall toilet & seat back in 2014 and we now need to replace the seat and lid. I cannot figure out how to get it off!! I've managed to get the seat and lid bit off, does the bit attached to the toilet need to come off too or does this stay on? If it should come off, how to I do it? There are no visible fixings!! Please help!!

Attachments

• IMG_9102.jpg
    IMG_9102.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 59
Sponsored Links
The picture isn’t the best, is there some cover caps on the flat bits?

Have you got the replacement seat?

Are there instructions with it?

The picture isn’t the best, is there some cover caps on the flat bits?
Hi, thanks for replying. No there are no cover caps it is one solid piece of plastic. It moves slightly from left to right but that's the only movement there is. No visible fixings to remove. It's driving me mad!

Sponsored Links
Have you felt underneath the toilet for any fixings?

I'm pretty sure the white bit is a plastic cover that will come off if you pull it (quite hard) directly upwards. Underneath should be the heads of the two screws holding it on

Yikes...

You could do worse than ring VP and ask if they sell a replacement OEM seat. If they do, they should be able to provide instructions.

It is BTW, so chances are, you can't get your hand round the back. I hope it isn't like the one I came across in a customer's house where the seat had been fitted before installation and they actually had to remove the pan to get to the fixings.....

It is BTW, so chances are, you can't get your hand round the back. I hope it isn't like the one I came across in a customer's house where the seat had been fitted before installation and they actually had to remove the pan to get to the fixings.....

I had to do that with mine. Removed two screws through bottom of pan onto 'L' brackets screwed to the floor, slide whole assembly forward to access the seat fixings. The fill hose and waste hose were flexible so when refitting it, I had to expand the waste hose fully, connect to pan and waste and then push the whole assembly back into place, collapsing the hose as I did it.

Thank you for all of your replies. We tried EVERYTHING :( In the end we've had to fully disconnect the toilet and pull it out and unscrew the seat from underneath. It looks like it was an underneath fitting seat & lid which was connected BEFORE the toilet was installed. Absolute nightmare!

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW
Yikes...

You could do worse than ring VP and ask if they sell a replacement OEM seat. If they do, they should be able to provide instructions.

This was exactly what it was!! We had to remove the pan to get to the fixings, absolute nightmare :(

I have the same problem and have just seen your post. Yes, The fixings are only accessible from the back of the pan, which is impossible to access when the pan is in position. Great design! I plan to cut, rip, grind, break the seat off, but then need to put on a new seat. Assuming I can get fittings that I can install from the top, without needing access to the back! Unfortunately the person who owned the house before me was obsessed with everything being well hidden. From fuse boxes and wiring to pipework, So it all looks good, but nothing can be repaired without ripping the place apart.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back