How to change this toilet seat

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I m trying to change the toilet seat. I dont think its like a normal toilet seat which has 2 screw bits either side which you have to undo. I think its a slimline toilet (ie smaller than a standard toilet)

IMG_0985.jpg

This is the view looking down onto the back of the seat (with the lid closed)

IMG_0984.jpg

And this is the front

IMG_0983.jpg

Has anyone changed a toilet seat on one of these before? Thanks

Sponsored Links
I know - its absolutely disgusting. (its not my toilet!!!)

You can see a clip thing at the back which looks like it should loosen the seat, but it doesnt.

Sponsored Links
The clip thing on the back sticking out should slide one way or the other then the full toilet seat will slide off clip is on pic two then you will be left.with the bracket which screws on the wc

Did you sort it ?
Ugh. As it happens Ive just caught covid! Feel utterly rubbish. I presume Ill be better in a few days. Ill tackle the toilet lid then and let you know how I get on. Thanks. (y)

Ironically I’ve also just caught covid‍♀️
I sympathise with you
Jake

How you feeling @Jake2021 ? Covid savaged me for a few days, but I feel Im over the worst of it. It is a lot worse at night for some reason. For me the sore throat was the worst thing.
Anyway, I got bored being laid in bed so thought Id take another stab at this damn toilet seat. It slid off easily just like you said (easy when you know how).
Im looking for a replacement lid rather than both the lid AND the seat. I suppose they arent sold separately. I cant find any toilet lids with this fixing? Is it classed as a 'top fixing' seat or something?

Attachments

• IMG_0992.jpg
    IMG_0992.jpg
    126.6 KB · Views: 77
  • IMG_0993.jpg
    IMG_0993.jpg
    217.7 KB · Views: 82
Hi
Glad you got it off… I’m still feeling shocking, it’s the second time I’ve had covid in 3 months but not fully recovered from the first time anyway. I don’t know if you have young children or have young children that visit but here’s a family toilet seat which may be the same but you’d have to double check with the seller

If it’s no good I can have a look later for you , there’s a lot on eBay just a matter of finding the right type

Glad your coming through the other end of covid
Best wishes
Jake

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
Ugh! Sorry to hear that @Jake2021 ! Twice in 3 months!? :oops:

Ive just established that the seat is a "quick release" D shaped lid. Googling this has given me many options thanks.

This type of lid is good - its super quick to remove the whole lid making it easy to clean the toilet. Ingenious!

Anyway - hope you get better soon!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back