Leaking Towel Radiator - Screwfix

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, could someone please advise me about what I need to do to fix my one year old leaking towel radiator from Screwfix. One of the valves at the bottom developed an intermittent drip and now the other has joined it. The first leak was usually remedied by adjusting the valve but neither seem respondent to that now. It has seemingly worsened since bleeding the radiator a few days ago (from a seperate valve at the top). Thanks.

Sponsored Links
I'm afraid I'm not familiar with the terminology but potentially yes, both. If looking at the radiator, it is bled from the top left using a key. At the bottom of the radiator, joining the pipes, are two adjustable knobs, both of which are leaking.

Sponsored Links
You need to be a bit more specific - dry with some loo roll and tell us exactly where the water is coming from>

1/. Where the valves' tails enter into the radiator

2/. Where the valve body joins the valve tails

3/. Where the pipe joins the valves

4/. Where the control knob enters the valves.

Either way, start by getting a spanner ant tighten up what you can.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back