Leaking towel rail

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

I live in a ex council flat that has communal heating. We fitted a new bathroom about 4 years ago which included a new towel rail.
I noticed a few weeks back it has started dripping water and just thought that it was one of the compression joints leaking but after tracing it its actually coming through the metal. My neighbours rad started squirting water out a few weeks back where a simlar problem occured as well as I having heard about 1 or 2 other flats having this problem.
The only thing I can see to do is fit a new towel rail, but this to me sounds like there is a reason why it has happened in so many flats and that really I should have the council fix this as their system has caused it.
I think its basically corroding the towel rail from the inside out.
Anyone come accross this before?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Over to you Kev. If the towel rails are brass/copper why would they corrode :confused: You know I`m interested in ex council properties ;) Is it some sort of de- zincification?

Sponsored Links
could well be

a lot of towel rails are steel now as well

i know a lot of them ive worked on never top up the inhibitor after any part of the system is drained :eek:

thats assuming there was any in the first place and it's been known

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back