Leaking valve

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom

Hi

I have this leaking valve on my central heating system. Picture needs to be rotated 90 deg clockwise ! Question. Can I just plug it?

The gas boiler is a Baxi bermuda 57/4M this was installed in @1998 before I bought the house.

Any advice would be greatfully accepted.

Sponsored Links
It lloks like a spring loaded safety valve. Replace it, don't plug it.

It looks like an auto bleed valve to me, one of the ones with a fibre washer that swells when it gets wet. I'm quite happy to be told otherwise though.

Sponsored Links
Thanks.

The guy in the plumbng shop said they didn't sell this type of PRV any more. I have a plug,will check the diameter of the expansion pipe in the morning. If it is 15mm any suggestions where I could buy a replacement?

Thanks again,this forum is great.

Andy.

Hi

Expansion tank vent pipe is 22mm. So ok to plug?
I am able to get a very large bucket to catch water when I remove the leaking PRV ,can I do a quick removal and refit plug without draining down the whole system,or is a complete drain advised?.

Thanks again for your help.

Andy

Hi

Expansion tank vent pipe is 22mm. So ok to plug?
I am able to get a very large bucket to catch water when I remove the leaking PRV ,can I do a quick removal and refit plug without draining down the whole system,or is a complete drain advised?.

Thanks again for your help.

Andy

Ha ha welcome to the "Snatch" club if you are going to attempt this which I wouldnt recommend make sure everything in your system is cold and switched off before you attempt it , you would be better buying a "Bung" kit they are very easy to use

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back