leaking washer

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I've a hot point washing WF240 machine that had a damaged paddle - it came off and some clothes got jammed between the drum and the outer casing when pulling the clothes out I think I damaged something at the bottom of the drum because when I ran the machine it leaked! I've removed the paddle and I can feel a loose piece of metal under the drom and can stick my finger into a hole that feels like it has a ball in it? Any idea what I have damaged and if it's repairable?

TIA

Sponsored Links
You have pulled the heater bracket of the heater. That's the metal bit. The heater has come loose as well , remove the rear lower panel to see the heater.

Thanks. That was it, the heating element is loose and the seal damaged - hence the leak. Will get a new element and try and install!

Sponsored Links
Make sure you get the bracket as well.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back