Leaking waste pipe

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guys,

I am remodelling my bathroom and moved the toilet across the room. The soil pipe is internal in the corner of the bathrooms on each floor and I managed to rotate the junction and run a soil pipe horizontally which I will box in.

I have used the flexible pan connector that was on the toilet before but its dripping a bit.

Does this look right? The rubber seal goes into the soil pipe all the way and there is suction... I cant see any damage but there is a small drip.

Sponsored Links
The flexi should push into the pipe itself, not a socket. You may need to cut it off.

The flexi should push into the pipe itself, not a socket. You may need to cut it off.

That's what I presumed but wasn't sure, its part of the soil pipe so thought I could just use it.

Thanks for the advice.

Alternatively cut a section of pipe the depth of the socket, insert, and then push in flexi pipe

Sponsored Links
Cut off the black socket and push flexible in.

IMO, I would rather use rigid pan connector than flexible one.

Daniel

Alternatively cut a section of pipe the depth of the socket, insert, and then push in flexi pipe

Or, leave it a couple of inches longer so that it can be gripped should it ever need to be removed.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back