Leaky box gutter

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My box gutter on the conservatory seems to be leaking at the joint where it meets the plastic L corner piece.

The company under warranty attempted to fix using flashbanding which was heated up with a blow torch but still the leak is winning. :rolleyes:

Coming again today but does anyone know a remedy.

I have suggested replacing the L piece.

The chap (bless him) was on it for 4 hrs yesterday and went home disheartened.

I can't see how the water could get under the flashbanding as it was stuck solid :eek:

Sponsored Links
What a bugger :cry: ...one thing that will stick to plastic is Neutral Curing Silicone.......other ones Don`t........hope this helps, Bahco....good luck

hi bahco, if it's still under warranty get a permanant repair,flashband will give a holding repair at best especially in a gutter, the only permanent remedy would be to dismantle the gutter clean and dry mating surfaces apply correct seals and reassemble, is this a secret gutter?, if so it would be a lot of work,more than the 4 hours trying to fit flashband. if they do manage to seal the leak it may only last long enough to push you out of your warranty.i'm sorry this is'nt a solution but i hope it helps :)

Sponsored Links
If it was secret ..........he wouldn`t have told us about it :rolleyes: :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back