Conservatory Gutter Leak - Easy Fix?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys,

Hoping someone will be able to help with a seemingly simple issue...

I've recently moved into a house which has a conservatory that's well into it's teens (13-15 I think) and the gutter has developed quite a few leaks. All of the leaks are at the corner joints where I assume the seal has perished (there are some remnants of a silicone bodge job on one of them).

From my extremely limited knowledge of conservatories/guttering and a bit of googling, I believe it's a "K2 Ogee" style of gutter and have bought some replacement clips and seals for the corner pieces.

The issue I'm having is that the old clips simply won't budge. The outside edge clips off fine, but then the inside part of the clip (circled red) which overlaps the straight section of gutter and the corner won't unclip, it's stiff as anything. If I apply more force to move it the gutter would probably snap off.

Tried to attach pics to show the clips. Any ideas or experience getting these buggers off? Is there a knack to it that I'm just completely missing?

Cheers and merry christmas!
J

Attachments

• IMAG1076.jpg
    IMAG1076.jpg
    142 KB · Views: 736
  • IMAG1077.jpg
    IMAG1077.jpg
    188.9 KB · Views: 583
  • IMAG1124.jpg
    IMAG1124.jpg
    196.1 KB · Views: 540
  • IMAG1125.jpg
    IMAG1125.jpg
    293.6 KB · Views: 543
Sponsored Links
Usually the back just slips under not a clip as such. To remove un-clip front and then tip the gutter up past the front clip and out of the rear lug.

Your right to be wary of putting to much pressure on
old plastic, I would be tempted to wait for a warm day
or pour some warm water on the brackets first.

Sponsored Links
Usually the back just slips under not a clip as such. To remove un-clip front and then tip the gutter up past the front clip and out of the rear lug.

Good shout, this seems like the way to get the main straight parts of the gutter off (which I need to do in the summer), so thanks for letting me know!

Your right to be wary of putting to much pressure on
old plastic, I would be tempted to wait for a warm day
or pour some warm water on the brackets first.

Thanks for the suggestion, was slightly more pliable after pouring warm water on it and managed to push the rear clip off and then slide it out to replace the seal!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back