K2 Ogee Gutter Joint Leak

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a K2 Ogee gutter that spans across approximately 7meters and has a joint. The problem is that the joint is forever dripping water. From what I understand the rubber gaskets in the joint is supposed to be able to sufficiently seal it from water leaking out. I bought a new gutter joint to replace the old one and bought a 2 extra clips so that the gutter has enough support on both sides of the joint. The joint looks like the one pictured below. I took off the old joint, there is a gap between the two pieces of gutter of about 7-10mm which I assume is normal for expansion. Problem is i've fitted the new joint, and its much more tighter than before because i fitted supporting clips on both sides but it still doesn't full seal it, the water gets underneath the gaps of the two pipes and eventually leaks out. My theory is that the rubber gasket isn't getting compressed enough to create the tight seal. Any ideas what else I can try? I could put gutter sealing from the top to prevent water getting under the pipes and onto the joint but then that will close up the expansion gap etc.

K2-C8035-Conservatory-Gutter-Union-Ogee-UPVC-Connector-_1.jpg

Sponsored Links
Anyone? I am thinking if there was some sort of thicker rubber gasket then it might seal better. It seems like the current gasket isn't getting compressed enough all the way round. Other option is to put a polymer sealant on the top but that will close the expansion gap so not sure how that will hold up in the long run

Take the fitting off and put a bead of sealer between the rubber and the centre of the fitting - each end - so you have (in effect ) 4 bands rubber and sealant . Hope that explains. I've had trouble with similar shaped gutter;)

Sponsored Links
The gutter shrinks over time. Like others have said just seal it and seal from inside too don’t worry about that expansion gap just fill the whole gap.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back