1. Visiting from the US? Why not try DIYnot.US instead? Click here to continue to DIYnot.US.
    Dismiss Notice

Leaky flush

Discussion in 'Plumbing and Central Heating' started by Palmist, 16 Sep 2020.

1. Palmist

Palmist

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Hi Guys,

Hope everyone is well. Since we moved here the downstairs toilet has always had a funny flush, it seems to trickle constantly in to the toilet bowl, I know this as I have put a tissue by the side and it gets wet.

Sometimes the flush will make emptying and filling noise.

It has never been a problem but now that I am using downstairs room as a study, it is getting on my nerves a bit.

So I called in the experts , two did not turn up on time and third who did turn up said he will need to remove the toilet bowl and flooring to get to the flush as there is no way to get the wall panel out. The bit about removing flooring concerned me a bit so I felt along the sides of panels and pulled on what I could, the panel is out :)

I can see the flush system, can't access it very well but I have taken some photos, any ideas on what to look for or how to try and resolve this will be most helpful. I can hardly see inside. Photos attached , it is a funny looking system with two plastic clear pipes coming out.

Attached Files:

2. Sponsored Links
  3. Palmist

Palmist

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    I think I know where the problem maybe , it is almost certainly the flush valve, the problem is getting to it.

Looks like the only way to get in is by removing the top L shaped sink panel

Attached Files:

4. Bodgedbuild

Bodgedbuild

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    On your picture showing the blue lever, have you tried adjusting the white plastic screw to push the float deeper into the water so that the lever shuts the valve off sooner? You might be able to do it by touch or with a mirror?