toilet not flushing

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hello all,
i need some advice. my toilet does not flush easily. i have to flush about 3 or four times before everything goes away. even if i drop a tissue paper in the bowl, it sometimes takes two flushes to get rid of it.
do i have to change the whole system ie tank/cistern and bowl or is there something i can do the make the current system work better. i bought this house a few months ago.
please help :confused: :confused:
many thanks

Sponsored Links
Make sure the water level is at the line marked in the cistern.

Check condition of diaphram.

If it is a close coupled toilet then you will find that these have a weaker flush than others anyway due to less pressure :(

Sponsored Links
many thanks guys for the replies. any views on how to change the siphon unit? not done this before and not a plumber. can i do this myself. any tips will be highly welcome.
thanks

Hi Kofi,

I'm thinking you mean it does a proper flush but just does not remove the necessary so you need to wait 'til it fills up and try again and again...

I had that problem until I fitted a new bowl with a much smaller 'splash zone' for want of a better description. Now it does it's job (!) just fine!

hi sloss,
thanks for the reply. no it does not flush properly. i have to flush it several times before everything goes down the drain. i think the bowl is not properly designed and there is not enough presure from the flush. will change the whole system may be.thanks.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back