Leaky House/ Dodgy builders?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We have recently suffered some water damage to our house after some heavy rain. We have some plaster board that was soaked and the builders are coming Tuesday to seal it and decorate. Will the plasterboard ever dry out? Its been 2 weeks since the damage started and it's not different to the day it happened. The plasterboard is mouldy too so i'm under the impression this damage has been going on unnoticed for some time. The boarding forms a case around the inside of the original end of the house which has been extended. They seem to think the source of the water is a crack below an upstairs window. This has been sealed and they have put pea single on the flat roof in front of it to make the water drain away. We rent the property so I'm not paying but I do want to make sure they do a proper job.

Would appreciate any advise. Thank you.

Sponsored Links
you`re in Kent , You rent , Don`t lament :mrgreen:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back