Leaky Potterton Statesman Flowsure

I

Igorian

Hi guys,

The CH pressure had dropped on my boiler, so I topped it up through the filling loop. This all appears ok and the boiler works fine.

However, when I came home, I was presented with a bit of a puddle in the bottom of the casing and assumed that I hadn't closed a valve correctly.

Anyway, on checking, the CH side was ok, no loss of pressure and no apparent leaks from the filling side.

Further checking identified the leak was coming from one of the connectors on the plate heat exchanger (DHW) and this connector was indeed quite loose (ie, less than hand tight). i'm assuming it has been for some time and that I have disturbed it while connecting the filling loop. I carefully tightened this, but I have been unable to fully stop the leak, although it is now just weeping a little and the water tends to evaporate before it goes too far.

I removed the offending connector and pipe, but noticed that there wasn't a seal of any type between the pipe and heat exchanger. The pipe that connects to the heat exchanger has a lip at the end which sits flat against the heat exchanger input. Should there be an additional seal here, or is it a case that the mating has simply worn in some way?

If there is no required seal, what would be the best way to rectify it?

Cheers

Ian

Sponsored Links
These are usually sealed by a green fibre washer. You can buy them at Screwfix or some other suppliers.

Best to cover the sealing surfaces with silicone grease if you want to do it professionally and reduce the chance of them sticking.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back