Potterton Flowsure+ combi Oil boiler????

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
I am having a problem with a Potterton flowsure+ combi. It is loosing system pressure from somewhere. Have had a good look round and even replaced a few suspect connections in the system. I have cured 2 minor leaks on the boiler, 1 on the flow switch and another on the filling loop!
Has anyone had a problem with one of these before and where could it be loosing the pressure from? The customer has not found any water leaks.
It seems like this is a common problem with these as I now know of 3 cases in my area!!!

Any help would be very well recieved?

Thanks

Crumpy :?:

Sponsored Links
Wow! two oil boilers on the same day, AND of the same typemust be a record.

The flow switch aleak has nothing to do with system pressure.

The filling loop should be disconnected if you are not filling the system, (water regulations). The the pressure could drop if water leaks from the filling loop because the boiler valve leaks. If it's the mains end that leaks you have a potential disaster waiting to happen. Disconnect the loop and sort the leak then.

If pressure still drops, the expansion vessel needs checking, search the forum for ways to do this, or you need a heating engineer.

Hi,
Thanks for the advice, The filling loop is disconnected it had a small leak. I understand the flowswitch is nothing to do with the pressure loss but it did have a leak that I cured.
The pressure vessel was down at almost 0 bar when I checked it. I have now repressurised it for the head required 0.6 bar.
I spoke to the customer today and it is much better but still slowly going down but they have found a leak in one rad.
Perhaps I should have said I am an Engineer (Oftec reg) but have not worked on these boilers before so I was trying to find out if it was a common problem and costly fault invest could have been avoided!

Any other ideas of what could be wrong would be great!

Regards

Crumpy :D

Could be the pressure relief valve is leaking. I have one of these boilers and the PRV only leaks when the system is operating and the water gets hot. If you can find the drain point then you can see if water drips out.
Apparently it is common for the PRV to be used to drain water from the system - this is a bad idea as they tend to leak afterwards (see FAQ in this section).
Cheers
PS I am not a registered heating engineer.

Sponsored Links
Plem, I suspect this problem has been fixed as the original problem was in 2004.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back