Leaky Roof

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a leak in a flat roof over my bay window and since covid-restrictions hit i cannot get a roofer to replace the lead - can anyone recommend a treatment for a temporary fix to prevent further water damage to the ceiling below?

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Thanks, but It looks expensive so i'm going to try a tin of 'Polar'.
Good choice

upload_2021-1-12_20-53-46.png

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
In the end i used half a litre of Evercryl: That stuff really gets to work pronto.

IMGP5303.JPG

I had a couple of hours on a saturday afternoon; after raining all morning and with more rain due that night i had to paint over the cracked lead on my roof before anymore rain got through - and Evercryl really got the job done.
The right hand side of the roof was where the worst damage was so it got a good coating and i left the other side dry as it wasn't damaged...and i needed a spot to stand on in order to crawl back inside through the window!
Next morning i could see puddles of rain all over the painted area and am mighty relieved no more rain can get through to damage the ceiling beneath.
So yeah, a bottle of beer will be very useful during this kind of job; but i'd recommend a tin of Evercryl to ensure your leaks are confined to the bathroom after you've enjoyed another beer to celebrate a job well done. :D

Sponsored Links