Leaky Roof

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a leak in a flat roof over my bay window and since covid-restrictions hit i cannot get a roofer to replace the lead - can anyone recommend a treatment for a temporary fix to prevent further water damage to the ceiling below?

Sponsored Links
Thanks, but It looks expensive so i'm going to try a tin of 'Polar'.

Sponsored Links
Thanks, but It looks expensive so i'm going to try a tin of 'Polar'.
Good choice

upload_2021-1-12_20-53-46.png

In the end i used half a litre of Evercryl: That stuff really gets to work pronto.

IMGP5303.JPG

I had a couple of hours on a saturday afternoon; after raining all morning and with more rain due that night i had to paint over the cracked lead on my roof before anymore rain got through - and Evercryl really got the job done.
The right hand side of the roof was where the worst damage was so it got a good coating and i left the other side dry as it wasn't damaged...and i needed a spot to stand on in order to crawl back inside through the window!
Next morning i could see puddles of rain all over the painted area and am mighty relieved no more rain can get through to damage the ceiling beneath.
So yeah, a bottle of beer will be very useful during this kind of job; but i'd recommend a tin of Evercryl to ensure your leaks are confined to the bathroom after you've enjoyed another beer to celebrate a job well done. :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back