Leaky thermostatic shower valve

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi chaps

Have an antique style thermostatic mixer shower 3 years old bought from screwfix. It developed a drip from the valve body and those drips have got faster to the point I pulled it apart. Aparently you can replace washers in it? Or repack with ptfe maybe?

I've got as far as this:

Will the brass center really unscrew? I've tried a wrench and can't budge it. Will a spanner of the right size be easier? Water was leaking around the center control and out through all the various taps and body sleaves. I'm thinking once the center part is withdrawn from the main valve body there will be some seals I can replace?

Any comments much appreciated as flying in the dark here - even going to have to by some circlip pliars :eek:

And don't want to go back to baths!!!

Cheers!

:D

Sponsored Links
yes the cartridge will unscrew from the main body but can be a buggr to start

if you struggle to find the parts you could try bathrooms plus in charminster, bournemouth he's a wizz on shower parts.

Cheers mate, will it be obvious what seals need replacing do you think? Thanks also for the supplier suggestion :)

Sponsored Links
Having difficulty shifting it - have a 230mm wrench and no go - is a box or ring spanner a better bet? Where can I get one cheap - can't stretch to a massive stilson :( dims about 5cm ...

Cheers!

:D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back