Leaky Toilet

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hey guys, I have a bottom entry float valve for my w.c, Its been dripping for a while so i've only just got around to sorting it.

Put a new flex connector on there, and the compression end of the flex is still dripping.

Took it off and the end of the pipe looked a bit battered, Cut the pip back and re-connected, put the water back on and tested, lovely! No leaks.

Couple of house later its dripping again. Not sure what the problem could be?
Any advice appreciated!

Cheers

Sponsored Links
I don't use flexy's on a F.V. I always use a swivel with a fibre washer and a couple of wraps of ptfe

...try replacing the rubber washer with a fibre washer and a couple of wraps of ptfe

...try replacing the rubber washer with a fibre washer and a couple of wraps of ptfe

The OP is complaining of a leak at the compression end.

Would recommend you undo the compression connection and wrap a couple of turns of ptfe round the olive and retighten.Probably all it will need to stop the leak.

Sponsored Links
Ok thanks guys for your help! Will have ago at it and let you know how i got on!

Cheers

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back