Lean To - Idea/Cost

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello everyone,

Last year purchased a property, finally after getting the inside finished is time to work on the outside of the property.

Below is a picture of the front. I want to place a larger wooden door there, brick to the side and an angled roof. The won't be any back to the lean to, it's purely the front and sides I want doing. It's mostly to tidy up the front of the property and to store wood for the stove and the bins.

It would go roughly 2 to 2.5 meters in length.

Anyone have a rough cost? Is in Oxfordshire.

Sponsored Links
Well you could try building a brick wall on the earth but it probably wouldn't be very stable would it?

Sponsored Links
Doubtful it would be any use, prolly has no suitable foundation, is it on boundary, who owns it?

A lightweight structure would have less weight than three people sitting on it. Just build it.

Doubtful it would be any use, prolly has no suitable foundation, is it on boundary, who owns it?

The boundary is about a foot to the right of it, I own the wall, the fence is on the boundary line.

Double brick, 2 meters by 4 meters puts me at needing around 1300. So that's what £350 for those bricks. The front will be a gate say £150. Along with the bricks for the front which is say another 400 at maybe £150.

The roof is going to be maybe £1500 for the entire thing? Looking at it online (quick quote I got for the size from a company). I don't see how I am going to be paying 6k for a brick layer and foundations if they are even needed? And even then they won't be overly deep for this type of structure. You're talking what 1 meter deep since the right side will be about 2 meters in height?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back