Extension cost

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, We are looking at buying a 200 year old 2 bed cottage but can only really do it if we can build on the side. There is an existing single story hallway and dining room that we would like to knock down in order to build a 2 story extension roughly 17ft x 15ft in which we want to add 2 bedrooms with dorma windows and an en suite to the master. The property has a cellar also.

Can anyone make a suggestion as to what this sort of thing would cost. I have no idea at all on this sort of thing. I have attached a photo of the front of the property also.

thanks! View media item 17396

Sponsored Links
£40-45k will take care of the building work plus some carcassing and/or finishing work.

Total costs will depend upon 'finish' specification. I have witnessed a 2m x 3m en-suite, cost as much as £6k to furnish.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back