Lean To Roof Extension Advice

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi first post on here so please go easy on me !! :cool:

I'm proposing to add a single storey extension to my house.
I want to add a lean to roof with vaulted ceiling with Velux rooflights.
The extension will be approx 6m wide x 4m out and want the whole 6m width to be glazed.
Will I need anything out of the ordinary structurally with a 4m lean to span onto the glazing ?
Also would I need to ventilate the roof space as I'm a bit puzzled on this part with wanting to vault the ceiling ?

Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
I think your idea is bonkers.

Why do you want roof-lights in a glass roof?

The heat loss issues alone will be prohibitive let alone the design for the rafters/glazed roof.

I think he means to do the rear wall in glazing not the roof.

To the OP you'll need a steel beam to span that opening something like a 305 or 254 deep UB. No need to vent the roof if its a warm roof.

Sponsored Links

The heat loss issues alone will be prohibitive let alone the design for the rafters/glazed roof.

No roof will be tiled not glazed.
Do you really think I would want rooflights in a glazed roof.

Also would I need to ventilate the roof space as I'm a bit puzzled on this part with wanting to vault the ceiling ?

Did this not give it away slightly ?

Did this not give it away slightly ?

AYE!
Mutley_laughing.gif

Thanks for the replies, appreciated. :D

Can anyone advise the best way to achieve building regs with vaulting the ceiling with a lean to roof in respect of insulation ??

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back