Lean-to Roof Replacement

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I need to replace the corrugated tin sheet roof on my lean-to wood shed. The old tin is off and the mortar flashing has come away too. I want to replace the tin with bitumen sheets but am not sure if a mortar flashing would be appropriate, or if I would have the skill to do it. I have seen a PVC corrugated flashing which I guess you just stick to the wall but this wall is a textured render which may be problematic? Would appreciate some thoughts and advice.

Thanks,
GM

Sponsored Links
I want to replace the tin with bitumen sheets
The corrugated bitumen sheets are as low end as you can possibly get. Make sure you introduce enough purlins in the roof frame to prevent warping.
Mortar fillet pointing will probably last as long as the sheets themselves.

Thanks Noseall, sounds like you are advocating I replace tin sheets with tin sheets and redo the mortar flashing?

GM

Plastisol coated corrugated metal sheeting to profile and colour of your choice.

Sponsored Links
Thanks Noseall, sounds like you are advocating I replace tin sheets with tin sheets and redo the mortar flashing?

GM
Corrugated bitumen sheets coupled with a mortar fillet is as low end as you can get. The problem with low quality products is the effort required in order for them to be lasting.

You would be better off spending a few extra quid on something more robust. Yes, tin sheets and lead springs to mind.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back