Leaning Garden Wall

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
my Garden wall has a slight lean in it, its built with old stone foundation and then breezeblocks on top of that,

my question is how can i make it stronger? if i was to render the stone work and the brezeblocks by building it up would that make it last longer? (almost making it thicker at the bottom and straightening at the top)

unfortunately i cannot afford to replace the walls entirely at this moment in time so im just looking at ooptions to strengthen it .. the leans arent so bad that its almost falling over, but they are visible to the untrained eye

Sponsored Links
I wouldn't say there's any danger of it falling over, more that the pointing in the stone work going an causing it to lean slightly.. It's not straight but it's probably been like it for many years (I moved in 2 1/2 years ago an it was like it then) so I don't think there is danger of it falling, just doesn't look the best!

Eventually I presume it will need replacing but I got enough to deal with inside the house at the moment! The previous owner had just put a wooden fence in front of it but it looked rubbish

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back