learn to plaster??????

This should come under the heading HOW NOT TO LEARN TO PLASTER.The trowel tells it own story. He must have left the multi finish out in the sun to long for it to bleach the colour out of it. :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Hey Super/S, good to see ya back here again, ;) ,,,,,, where ya bin???????

Roughcaster.

That ceiling looks alright,,, nothing there that a barrowload of artex wont cover. :rolleyes:,,,, ah that's nasty really,,, he's trying.
You're right though TM,, a likeable kinda bloke. Learning all the time.

Roughcaster.

Sponsored Links
Though I did like the fact his face got more covered in plaster as he went. By the last clip - wasn't sure if more was on the ceiling or not.

Also, I wonder if he got back to the office at 3pm after taking his time.... and was presented with a shiny P45! ;)

Am I being a bit harsh?

Hello R/C i was working over in france doing a 4 bedroom farm house. Most of the inside was a reskim over that nice french white plaster a nightmare to skim if you dont kill the suction. It was a nice change to see how it is on the other side of the water.

Good for you S/S,,,, are you going back, or is that the travels over?

Roughcaster.

Going back in the new year to render the outside. Also have to tank a wine cellar under the house should be fun as it has a curved ceiling made from french bricks. :LOL:

As long as you don't get too "tanked" in the wine cellar,,, a render bender :LOL: :LOL:

Roughcaster.

No fear only wine out there and i only drink the black stuff. It is hard to find the pint of plain in small towns have to wait to come back and have a right go at it. :LOL: :LOL:

Evening All!!!

Just spent an amused afternoon watching the above listed youtube videos from the guy with the rusty trowel, who doesn't know a hawk from a float, etc, and the guy plastering his ceiling.

A pleasure to behold....

Remind me to get a professional in when it comes to doing my ceilings.

I have just put the last coat of render on my kitchen/front room ex-doorway and am waiting for it to cure (read fall off) so I can rough it up prior to topcoating it.

any advice on making a wooden float/scraper to level off the little undulations in the render prior to topcoating.

My local wickes says it will be cheaper to make one myself! Duh?

Richard

Got it plastered on one side over the weekend.
Found a few dips that need to be filled in and a few rough edges, which will be covered by the finish coat, but looking good.
Pictures to follow, when I can find time to take them later this week.

Later peeps

What the Bl--dy Hell was that all about,I'll bet two seconds after that finished he was back on the " You've won the Nigerian Lottery" phonecalls?
Nice one RC

Sorry, posted to the wrong page methinks...
One day I will get it right...
:D :D :D Apologies all round... :D :D :D

:rolleyes: EDIT :rolleyes:

Yep, just checked and the last two posts should be somewhere else.

Sorry folks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back