Leaving a ch system drained

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
When the weather warms up and I no longer need my heating on I intend to replace a few of my radiators a long with the trv's and other bits of pipe around the radiators. This will be done over a period of a few weeks/months in between work. Is it ok to drain the system down and leave it drained for a few months it won't lead to any issues? The ch system is sealed so from my understanding I can simply drain and eventually just refill (add inhibitor) and bleed when I am done.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Yeah sounds ok but, if you have a combi you won't get hot water unless you leave a loop running on the heating side and pressurise it.

Thanks gigz, it's not a combi. Have hot water tank, central heating was sealed when I had a new boiler put in recently on recommadation that it would work better like that which it does.

Sponsored Links
While your at it, if you haven't already got one fitted i would fit a magnaclean (or similar). Any rust (magnatite) in the rads/system will find its way to the boiler.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back