leaving boiler on whilst away

Cheers for the " young man" tipper lol.... Just watch me move around the globe on this site !!!!! :)

Sponsored Links
One important part of the answer is: how good is your plumbing/heating/electric?
If it is an ideal flung on the wall by some cowboy who does not speak english and therefore can not even read the manual whilst the whole electrical system was a diy job after a few trays of beer, turn it all off and put the house up for sale.
If it was all done by me, you could safely set it for 8C and go on holiday for a month

Sponsored Links
Southampton is along way from glasgow. ;)

True :LOL: Still doesn't alter my advice. That last big freeze we had lasted about seven days during the Christmas holiday period. Doesn't take long for pipes to freeze ,after minus 4 your on dodgy ground. Boilers can't protect you when the heating pipes have frozen all over the house and once the pressure is down on the boiler(if it's a combi etc) then the heating won't be any use to you anyway.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back