LED Bathroom mirror

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am thinking of fitting a LED bathroom wall mirror opposite the bath, away from zone 1. It will be a basic LED mirror, no internal heater or shaving socket and no infra red switching.

I want the mirror to switch on when the bathroom light is switched on. Can I simply chase the wall and feed 0.75mm 3 core flex down from the ceiling rose to the mirror through plastic oval conduit straight into the back of the mirror.

Would this comply to the latest regs, I want to do the job myself before having it tested.

Many thanks.
J.

Sponsored Links
Does the lighting circuit have 30mA RCD protection and what plans have you made with regards to notifying and commissioning the work?
Do manufacturers instruction allow the mirror to be installed in zone 1 or 2?

I have just spotted a reply on here to a similar question.

I will fit a spare 30mA RCD in the loft from the light switch and then feed the mirror and ceiling rose from there. This will come in handy if I install LED downlights too.

My reason for the question was to make sure that it was OK to use 0.75mm flex cable for this job. It will be in plastic oval conduit then plastered over.

I haven't decided which mirror to buy yet, any ideas on specs ?

I have a friend who has Part P but he is on holiday at the moment and I intend to use him regarding notifying etc.

Thanks again.

I would stick with 1.00mm T&E no need for conduit! Safe zones of cable is important!
The rcd will need to be accessible and protect everything you alter!
It will require to notified prior to starting and inspecting and testing to prove it is safe! This is a legal requirement!

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back