LED bulbs keeps dying

Normally they'd run a large sample in parallel and apply some statistics to the failures that occur...
Indeed, and if they have a good understanding of the expected nature of the failure curve, they can get pretty good estimates of life expectancy from surprising short periods of testing. Were not the case, then many/most IT products (like hard drives) would not complete their life testing and get to market before they were quite seriously obsolete!
... but under what conditions? Ambient temperature, orientation, airflow etc.
Quite so. They obviously should specify the test conditions, but rarely do - and, in any event, those conditions will differ from most in-service conditions in the big wide world. A cynic might suspect that they choose test conditions which give them a 'favourable' answer!

Kind Regards, John

Sponsored Links
in this article there is a comparison between two led lights with the same dimensions but totally different weight... https://www.ledison-led-lights.co.uk/blog/how-to-select-led-round-panels--downlighters/100.htm
The performance difference is, indeed great. However, if I understand the photos correctly, the difference in weights of the lights is fairly trivial (135g vs. 120g) - most of the weight difference being shown being attributable to packaging and the power supply ('driver').

Kind Regards, John

No it is not the packing, the picture shows clearly the weight difference when LED lights are on the scale. I bought from low cost diy stores some spot lights and one "expensive" spot lights from an online shop, when I have the results I will inform you

Sponsored Links
No it is not the packing, the picture shows clearly the weight difference when LED lights are on the scale.
It does but, as I said, only the difference between 120g and 135g, which is not much at all. When in packaging, the weights of the two products are a lot more different than that (195g vs. 290g).

Kind Regards, John

in this article there is a comparison between two led lights with the same dimensions but totally different weight...

https://www.ledison-led-lights.co.uk/blog/how-to-select-led-round-panels--downlighters/100.htm
In this article there is a collection of nonsense, misdirection and lies.

A bunch of charlatans, who are either incredibly stupid, or have nothing but contempt for their customers in the way they believe that they will be stupid enough to accept their bullshit as meaningful.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back