LED light and zone advice for bathroom ceiling light

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I bought this light for our bathroom: http://amzn.eu/d3oZLqs and reading around i see that lights in bathrooms need IP ratings. but cant see anything on this in the amazon description. have i bought the wrong type of light. if not does this need to be put in zone 1 (60cm away from edge of shower?).

any advice would be great thanks.

Sponsored Links
It does not claim any IP ratings, despite saying it can be used in a bathroom.

It is sold direct from China, so you cannot trust a single thing they say about it.

if not does this need to be put in zone 1
I would put it in the post for a refund, and buy something from a reputable maker bound by UK laws, sold by a ditto retailer.

Sponsored Links
Maybe you have missed a word from your sentence and was meant to say should this be outside zone 1 instead of saying does this need to be put in zone 1.

Zone 1
Requires a minimum of IPX4. This is the area directly above a bath and within a shower cubicle.

Like above I would be sending this straight back and going for a known brand from a known shop.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back