Led light glows when touched

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have recently changed all my halogen gu10s to led gu10s and noticed when changing them that 1 or 2 glowed when the metal on the lamp got an earth path through my finger and on to the earth part of the light fitting.

Theses are the ones I got: http://www.ledhut.co.uk/spot-lights...umens-45-watts-equiv-best-internet-price.html

Is this down to Capacative coupleing like what is seen on cf's??

This is a video of it happening

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e0S3iAVwRFU&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Thanks!

Sponsored Links
1. Yes the light switch is off at this point

2. The live is isolated at the switch at this point

3. Yes it's on an rcd

4. I'm a bloke. If a light comes on by touching it. I'm going to do it again :)

4. I'm a bloke. If a light comes on by touching it. I'm going to do it again :)
:LOL: Good answer.

Out of curiosity (and not because I will be able to give an explanation), does it still do it after you reverse the live and neutral (by removing the lamp and rotating it 180 degrees before putting it back in)?

Sponsored Links
Dont know, I will try this when im back there again.

Im not sure if this happens all the time as during the day you wouldnt see it as its only a slight glow!

The room that this is happening on does not have two way switching as mentioned in that thread. But there is one light in the room on a 12v transformer. Could this be where it is coming from?

FIXED: After retesting the circuit found that one of the earth was out in one of the other ceiling lights. Now all working perfectly.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back