LED light gone?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Saxby 73788 bathroom downlight that's been acting up. Often, it had a delay before coming on. Today, it's flashing. It flashes 3 times rapidly then goes off for a short while. This then repeats. Anyone knows what this means? How do I work out if the problem is to do with the light, the wiring, or the "driver". I know nothing about the driver and how it affect things.

Sponsored Links
The description sounds like a smart light waiting to be programmed, however I have had lamps which seem to have turned into flasher units, all you can do is replace them.

Can a bad driver cause the flashing? I will switch positions with a good light and see if the problem moves.

Sponsored Links
Is the can connected directly to the mains wires? Previously, there was only one bulb holder in the bathroom. Now there are 4 downlights. Presumably the single bulb holder has been split 4 ways now? Is there a notification requirement for this?

I moved the light to another position and the problem followed. So, everything else is OK.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back