LED light strip for edge of room

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I'm doing up my living room and want to put in some coving/dado rail for an LED light strip to provide uplighting. I've done something similar on a smaller scale and liked the effect.

Any recommendations on any part of the components? It's going to need to be a Phillips hue compatible system (ZigBee) and to cover roughly 20m.

I don't particularly want to have two drivers, but for 20m I'd either need a low wattage strip, which is fine, or two units.

Philips hue is my baseline for this stuff and for that I'd need two starter kits and roughly 16m of extension at close to £300. The other half may not be impressed. I'm tempted to find a lower wattage strip as it doesn't need to be that powerful for a 4x5m room, and full power from those strips is a heck of a lot of light.

I also like the idea of chaser effect lights but that's all new fangled for me.

I'll stick up my results, however it all turns out.

Sponsored Links
I'd be interested to see how you get on with this, and the results of course.

This may be completely sacrilege, but i've previously used some cheapish LED strips for projects like this and touch wood it's been somewhat ok so far :D

That being said, i'll most likely be changing it at some point soon, so i'd love to see how yours comes out!

If you want a DIY solution WLED on an ESP8266 with some WS2812 led strips? It would be wifi not zigbee...

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back