LED Lighting for a church

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Replacing some church lighting (Metal Halide) with LED fittings

I've found that a lot of LED lamps are failing well before their expected life.
Any recommendations for quality LED floods. a mix of 30w and 50w

Also, I would like to try to diffuse the light so you do not see the bright LED chip.
Thought about using a film, but don't really want to dismantle the lights and have concerns about securing the film.
Any body tried glass etching spray to diffuse lighting, or could that cause issues (Heat, light output)
Im going to try out a sample, but anybody done this?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
If the ceiling is white ( or near white ) then shine the lights upwards and use the reflected and well diffused light to light the church.

Sponsored Links
Tried the frosting spray.
Helps a little but needs a lot of coats, not sure that will work

Main concern is the quality of the fittings themselves. Its a bit of a new technology isn't it.
Cant see them lasting that many years, and you cant replace the lamp.
They all look the same, just different badges.

Would really appreciate any recommendations.
Most I have been quoted is £264 a fitting, out of the price range
got a budget of £60-£70 per fitting

Put M/H lights back in?! Much nicer than gross LEDs. Cheap LED fittings are often poor, I'm starting to hate them. Professional LED lighting on the other hand is awesome.

Tried the frosting spray.
Helps a little but needs a lot of coats, not sure that will work

Main concern is the quality of the fittings themselves. Its a bit of a new technology isn't it.
Cant see them lasting that many years, and you cant replace the lamp.
They all look the same, just different badges.

Would really appreciate any recommendations.
Most I have been quoted is £264 a fitting, out of the price range
got a budget of £60-£70 per fitting
A picture would be nice if you can, and what sort of wattage you are looking at as I saw LED lights that give diffused light and quite bright evenly illuminated, and I think for about a tenner, they are approx 4" diameter, very slim, no higher than 3/4" or there abouts, I will find out more about them, not sure if they ran directly off the mains or of the low voltage supply.

Edit: here is ebay link to the seller and they go all the way up to 24watts realgood looks, flush fitting, recessed, ultra slim.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/LED-RECES...hash=item43cf023379:m:mX_qswwaJIIPGwheFr67isg

Last edited:
Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
I can reccomend some good ones. We have them up at the warehouse in work. How many you after ? Is it like cob downlighters yiu need ?

A lot of warehouses are using " LED High bays" though they may be a bit too bright, have a look at "LED Low Bays"
1 to 10 volt dimming set up might be nice

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back