LED WIRING ISSUES

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,
I have fitted some LED lights today. The circuit consists of a power unit, then out from that to a 12V DC remote control unit and it also adjusts speed and colour of LED and then to a slave unit.

Basically I have wired it all up but it doesn't operate. The LED's just stay one colour and the Mode button and speed button don't operate.

Anyone have experience with these?
This is the units I have but they don't supply any wiring diagrams with the units. Its at this ---->
http://www.led-lightbulbs.co.uk/pp/...file_Rigid_Strip,_12Vdc,_Colour_Changing.html

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Not used them, but would guess the controller is faulty( I presume you are using one of their controllers as shown in the drop down shoulder heading on your link), if you could show a circuit diagram of how you have connected them it might help.

some times the remote has a thin plastic shim over the battery connection when new, and you have to remove it.

Sponsored Links
Did the supplier confirm that the driver you bought was compatible with the RGB strip you bought from them ?

Incredible as it may seem some suppliers of various types of electrical amd electronic items do not have any technical knowledge about the products they sell other than copies of data sheets the manufacturers have supplied to them

That isn't much help to the OP but without more details of the strips and controller a diagnosis of the problem is impossible.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back