12v LED Relay Module Wiring help pls

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,
I have a momentary arcade led switch connected to a relay module to make it a latching on/off action to turn on 40cm of 12v led's (plus a single 5mm led bulb) that's powered via a DC cable. I want the LED Switch to illuminate only when the button is pushed on. I've wired it like the 1st picture but all the LED's/Bulb are constantly on and the push button doesn't turn it on or off.

Here's the relay module:

Would anyone be able to tell me how to wire it correctly please?
I added a blank diagram if that's easier to show the correct wiring.

Many Thanks!
Chris
332120458_1133474454008604_4301779553097983699_n.jpg
Arcade Switch.png
332254766_741657920702970_1619592282784278556_n.jpg

Sponsored Links
The COM on the switch should be Live (not Ground).
Connect the COM on the switch to the V on the Relay.

There will then be your 12V supplied to the 'T' on the Relay.
When you press the switch the voltage to the 'T' with be removed (it will go from 12V to 0V) and the relay will be triggered.

This is done becuas the 'T' needs a 'Low pulse trigger'.

EDIT: - I also think the green wire should go to N/C.

Last edited:
Hi SFK,

Thank you.
So you're saying:
COM on switch to V
T connected to N/C on switch
So then does +power stay connected to V and G is empty?

Sorry, to disagree! :)

I would go:
Com from the switch to t on relay.
N/C on the switch to Vcc
And N/O on switch to Gnd

That way, the trigger would constantly be receiving +V, until you press the switch.
Then, the trigger will be connected to ground for the 'low pulse'.

• Thanks
Reactions: SFK
Sponsored Links
Random, (cannot see it in full detail as on phone) - but fully agree that your use of both OV and 5V into switch as a proper pull down to OV is great method (and I am sad that I missed that)
Sfk

Last edited:
I hate doing these on the phone. Yes the single LED would have obviously gone already if it did not. Hangs head in shame. :D

Hi Random,
I've wired up like you said but the button only acts as a momentary switch now. the LED's come on and the button illuminates but only if you hold the button down, rather than as a latching on/off function. Any ideas how to fix it pls? Many thanks!

Hi Random,
I've wired up like you said but the button only acts as a momentary switch now. the LED's come on and the button illuminates but only if you hold the button down, rather than as a latching on/off function. Any ideas how to fix it pls? Many thanks!
Ok - sorry, I hadn't investigated your module properly :(
Our ideas would be the usual way to deal with this sort of problem.
However, your module is using electronics to simulate a latching relay - looking at circuit diagrams from similar modules, the low trigger only has be touched to ground. There is no need to stop the input floating, by connecting it to +V; it's internal electronics are compensating for that.

The problem now is, your original circuit should have worked!
Try disconnecting the +V from N/C and see what happens.
If that still doesn't work, disconnect the switch entirely (apart from the indicator light), and just bridge a wire between T and Gnd and let us know what happens.

1) Another question from me first - your drawing shows (from left to right) "V G T", but the circuit board when viewed from above is labeled "T G V". Have you got the correct wires in the correct order. From left top right the circuit board is shown as being: Trigger, Ground, 12V

2) Then Try removing the 12V from the NC on the Switch (but this is back to where you started) .

3) Then have you tested the latching relay by itself?

My next step would be to remove the latching relay from everything and test it by itself.
Connect the latching relay to Ground and to 12V via the G and V pins.
Have an extra wire from Ground and an Extra wire from 12V.
Touch these wires one after the other to the T pin and see if and when the relay latches.

Sfk

Edit - Random got there first - but I think we both said the same,

Last edited:
Hi Random,
Yes, I think you're right, I've wired G & V only, thinking they were N/C,COM,N/O, completely my fault. Sorry. Should i re-wire them as the previous diagram i posted and see what that does?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back