legal advice regarding broken shower guard

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anyone help me please?

We bought a bathroom suite a few years ago from Better bathrooms which to be fair has been superb.
Today though I was getting our 1 and 2 yer olds to go in the bath, hot water in and just turned cold water on when our glass shower screen just came tumbling down shattering all over the bath, me and slightly near the kids, I dont even want to think about what could o happened if it was 2 minutes later.

I along with my father fitted the screen to the wall which is still perfectly straight and hanging, its the actual joint where the glass is fitted to the metal that has come loose somehow as if it could not take the weight.

Now the bath is wrecked, the water wont go down the plughole cos of glass and its cut into the plastic inhundreds of places.

Coming to the issue now, do I contact better bathrooms, the manafacturer or our insurance.

The fact that its been 3 years does concern me but surely that should not happen.

If anyone can help that would be great kind regards Paul

Sponsored Links
Manufacturers warranty I would expect expired after 1 year.
Its an insurance claim

Wont be a nightmare, insurance companies are pretty good nowadays, just ring them up, explain what happened, at the worst they'll send someone out just to go through the various items you need and get one of their own approved contractors OR if that doesnt suit ask if you can arrange to get the work done yourself and for them to reimburse you

Sponsored Links
Also contact the manufacturer, their responsibility does not end with the warranty.

it could be a known problem to them..
explain the situation and that you are very concerned about the quality of their products..
they may offer some form of compensation..
you never know if you don't try..

thanks a lot everyone, ill be in touch soon hopefully with insurance sorting problem and manafacturer at least issuing an apology

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back