Legality of garden buildings...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
One of the projects of mine is to build a shed in my garden. I was wondering if I would require a permit of some sort if i was to erect a permanent shed like building which will be built into a corner of my garden.

My plan was to use breeze blocks to make up two sides of the wall, then a timber roof with tiles/felt. Now since this is going to butt against two walls I was unsure if this would be allowed.

The area where I am planning on building this is where there used to be an outside toilet, but this was demolished years ago so I'm assuming the foundation may be sturdy enough?
Also any tips on the building structure or the best way to go about it would be great!

Cheers

Sponsored Links
shed :LOL: i always think sheds are built withwood, maby im wrong, but almost certainly does not sound like a shed, check your local planning department.

Well it will have some timber... :LOL:

Might give the local land registry a call tomorrow hmmm

Sponsored Links
You can check the rules for permitted development here.

The materials you use for building the shed are not relevant (to whether you can call it a shed, or whether it's permitted).

If the building you propose doesn't fall within the permitted development rules, you can still build it if you get planning consent.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back