Legend Firestrata won't ignite

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My parents have a Legend Firestrata gas fire in their living room. They don't use it often and hadn't used it for roughly two years due to the battery dying (it has a IR remote control) and the replacements being expensive.

I replaced the batteries for the fire and everything was working correctly (remote signal received, valves actuating etc), except it would not spark.

After manually lighting the pilot flame, the fire would start and work correctly. After leaving the fire on for 30s or so to warm up, then turning it off, then back on, the ignitor DOES spark.

I have uploaded a video here :

I emailed the company who makes the fire and they said that they not longer supply parts for this model (it's about 15yrs old) and we would need to replace the remote sub assembly (and therefore the remote too), this comes to over £300, which just isn't feasible.

I have contacted a couple of suppliers who said they could order in the oxypilot (NG9079) at a cost of £40 delivered, which is feasible including getting a gas engineer to fit it.

I just wanted to see if anyone has any experience with this issue, and did replacing the oxypilot fix the issue?

Many thanks in advance!

Attachments

• IMG_20191220_105555.jpg
    IMG_20191220_105555.jpg
    256.8 KB · Views: 217
Sponsored Links
changing the oxypilot wont make any difference that is not the fault

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW
Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back