legs

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
At work yesterday and there's a young lad who works with me, ( doing loft conversions, ps it's the boss's grandson ) and he fell through the ceiling, well one leg did :LOL: we had put new floor joist down but not new flooring yet, and we had some off-cuts left over and placed them on the floor too walk on but they spanned 3 joist with a few inches to spare ( 5 ) he only stood on the 5 inch bit and fell through the plaster board ceiling :LOL: i wouldn't mind if it was where the stair well is going, but it was in the living room :oops: :LOL: everyone saw the funny side of it ( thank fook ) lol

Sponsored Links
hardly a DIY disaster.. sounds like a professional "f" up..

i once put my foot through a rotten mezanine floor.. it was in a tyre recycling depot.

i was following my ( somewhat lighter ) mate when I found a "soggy bit" and one leg dissapeared up to my nuts.. hurt like hell...
there was a worker underneath who got my foot on his head too... not a good day.

I was in the Swiss alps a few years ago on a mountaineering course, ther instructor told me not to step on any small hole in the snow or ice as they probably lead to crevasses which could swallow me whole, so I didn't step on any small holes.

However as we were walking to a lodge I put my foot down and my leg disapeared up to my thigh, 3 inches from a small hole!!! :eek:

Needless to say I got a bollcking for messing around......no pleasing some people :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

A friend's house is split-level, with a door leading to attic space above the lower level.

His new 'other half' one day decided to find out what was behind that mysterious door that no-one ever opened.. and arrived on the living-room sofa amid a shower of plaster dust, to the amazement of those watching TV in the room. :eek:

She was incredibly lucky to fall through over the only soft object below, and the only thing hurt was her pride.

Think this illustrates the point that we take a lot for granted in terms of our own savvy, and that when considering safety aspects we need to think in terms of someone with zero DIY knowledge. A lock would have been sensible, but I guess the need never occurred to anyone.

Sponsored Links
on a roof one day with my partner (in a valley,slope either side) when he took a few steps back to admire our work and disapeared down the open skylight to land on the floor below in a cloud of dust.i was bent double with laughter on finding out he was ok. just goes to show what a dangerous job building can be. :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back