Legs's Waterproofer

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
FAO : Legs-akimbo and anyone interested !

Do you have a link for the waterproofer that Quinn's make?

I can't seem to find a link for it, and would be interested in trying some out if, as you say, it can work with lime.

Cheers

Micilin

Sponsored Links
I and most plasterers I know favour evostik.
I can assure you it is used on tens of thousands of homes, housing estates, apartment blocks etc etc etc without hesitation without problem.
Bare in mind that virtually all Irish housing stock is block bulit rendered, indeed you can not build with brick outside of town or city, and it is universally used with lime as the lime is a pre requisite for achieving the desired colour, many houses are not painted for years if ever.

If I knew how to post a picture here I would show you my own house rendered with lime waterproofed mortar.

I'm sure it's a lovely job, you can't beat the rendering in Ireland, it's a trade in itself.

Do you have a link for the Quinn's waterproofer? I'd like to try it out.

Cheers

Sponsored Links
Quinns make cement but dont know if they do w.p. they make many products not alaways under the Quinn name, like Botik make Evostik.
Furthermore you wont get Quinn/ Rhino products in Uk merchants as you would not blue circle/ British Gypsum in Eire

The mortar waterproofer i use nowadays is Evoplast, but until a few years ago, "Frenzin" was my first choice. It was green in colour and it had a great smell,,, it was in the air wherever harling/rendering was being done. It became harder to get locally. Most of us around here now use Evoplast.

Roughcaster.

Quinns make cement but dont know if they do w.p. they make many products not alaways under the Quinn name, like Botik make Evostik.
Furthermore you wont get Quinn/ Rhino products in Uk merchants as you would not blue circle/ British Gypsum in Eire

Sorry, must have misunderstood you.

I thought that you rang Quinn's tech line to find out if you could use lime with waterproofer. If they don't make the waterproofer then they are hardly qualified to comment.

What waterproofer do you use? It would surely make more sense to deal with the waterproofer techies to see if lime can be used with it, rather than the people whose job it is to sell lime! I'm presuming that you never actually came up with any waterproofer spec that recommended the addition of lime, or else you would have posted it here.

It's not beyond me to get a tub of stuff from Ireland to BRITAIN - don't forget Fermanagh is in the UK ;)

The mortar waterproofer i use nowadays is Evoplast, but until a few years ago, "Frenzin" was my first choice. It was green in colour and it had a great smell,,, it was in the air wherever harling/rendering was being done. It became harder to get locally. Most of us around here now use Evoplast.

Roughcaster.

Good man, I'll have a go at that.

Remember , enjoying the smell of render is the third sign of madness.........

It's good stuff to work with, and the mixing ratio is simple to use, 1 part Evoplast to 30 parts water,,, and i'm way way past the third sign of madness. :LOL:

Roughcaster.

I like sovereign blue waterproofer.

Remember , enjoying the smell of render is the third sign of madness.........

Ah, the smell, when you couldn't get fairy and used lemon squeezy. :LOL:

Very good Marshy,, lemon squeezy :LOL: :LOL:

I've never used the sovereign blue though.

Roughcaster.

should of said the sovereign blue coloured liquid waterproofer, its a good plastersizer as well but you can over mix it so your mortar
goes fluffy.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back